A property is valuable as long as it is maintained properly and with great care. But there are times when the property gets neglected and can prove hazardous for the visitors, employees and residents. Real estate maintenance is thus, of utmost important for the safety of the people and also for keeping its value intact.
Responsibilities of property maintenance
• Even if it is a small home or a big office, each place has its own requirements and thus needs some amount of maintenance. Real estate maintenance entails taking care of all the internal as well as external areas. Some of the duties that come under it are:
• Taking care of all the plumbing needs such as leakages in taps of bathroom and kitchen and other places, replacing damaged water pipes with new one, ensuring that the water supply is regular and the water storage tanks are cleaned regularly and do not have any leakages. If the water supply is being made from a well, then it should be cleaned regularly.
• Property maintenance also entails the owner to take care of all the electricity related works such as checking the fittings, wirings and switches and replacing or repairing them if there is some problem. This is important because disruption in electric supply can cause lot of trouble and halt the work process. Similarly, damaged electric wiring is not secured and can sometimes prove fatal
• If the property has large spread of garden or open grounds, then it should be maintained. The landscapes and the flower beds should be regularly tended whereas the lawn must be mowed regularly. A beautifully maintained property always attracts buyers which also help you gain more prices when you sell it.
• Pests are a great menace and can damage the property. Termites, rats, mice are some regular pests that are needed to be eliminated from the property so that they do not cause any damage. Moreover, the damages done by them have to be taken care off otherwise the condition of the property deteriorates after some time.
• Real estate maintenance also requires you to check for any damages in the side walls such as cracks or plaster coming off and these should be immediately taken care of as neglecting such damages for longer period can lead to more hazardous consequences.
• Taking care of security of the property also comes under property maintenance. The fences and the main gate along with other entrance or exit places should be properly maintained so that the trespassers cannot enter the property easily.
It is not possible for a property owner to fulfill all these duties of Real estate maintenance along and the task becomes more difficult when there is more than one property to be taken care of. And hence, nowadays people take help of property Management Company to look after all the hassles related to property maintenance.